According to the World Health Organization
- Epilepsy affects over 50 million people worldwide
- Close to 80% of these patients are in developing countries
- 80% of these patients go untreated
- As many as 70% of patients can be treated if given the right diagnosis and treatment
- An EEG machine can help in the diagnosis of Epilepsy, and help show that there is a true brain disorder that can be treated
- Epilepsy is misunderstood in many developing nations. Often patients with this condition are though to have demonic possession, and become outcasts in their society. Many people fear they can catch this disease by touching a patient with it, so these patients lose the opportunity of every having a good job, or even being part of the community.
- Little do these people know that for just pennies a day, there is life saving medication available
- Physicians in these countries are having to treat these patients, and often times don’t have all of the facts. An EEG machine can change all of this.